Force-quit an app
If an app on your iPhone or iPad freezes up or stops working correctly, here’s how you can restart it:
- Press the Home button to return to your home screen.
- Double-tap the Home button to bring up the multitasking bar.
- Locate the app and press and hold until you enter edit mode (the icons will start wobbling). Then tap the X on the app to close it. The icon should vanish from the multitasking bar.
- Double tap the Home button or tap on the main app area to get rid of the multitasking bar.
- When you start the app again, it should work normally! If it doesn’t, try restarting the device (hold down the on/off button till it shuts down, then push again to restart).